Wednesday, February 16, 2005

New Comic Day February 16

The following comics are ones that I purchased today.
Here's a little review for each (from left to right, top to bottom):

Astonishing X-Men #8


I really applaud what Joss Whedon and John Cassady are doing with this series. I hadn't read the non-ultimate X-men for quite some time because everything had become so convoluted. Whedon's X-men are a slicker team that reads as well as his Sci-Fi show Firefly. This issue expands on the mystery regarding Wing's death and who Emma was heard talking with at the end of issue #6 (I think). I look forward to the next issue and the next run (issues 13-24) by Whedon and Cassady.

Ex Machina #8


Vaughan is one of my favorite writers. Mayor Hundred has such a cool atitude about everything and many of his viewpoints are similar to my own. This issue is another part in the Gay Marriage arc and deals with the politics surrounding the issue. As well the subplot of how he got his powers deepens. Very interesting series. Hopefully it doesn't turn into to much of a science fictiony thing.

Green Lantern: Rebirth #4


I'm usually not one for GL, but I hopped on the Hal Jordan bandwagon with this one. It's very cool to see the Yellow weakness addressed and the way Johns deals with Jordan's craziness. Not a must have (you could wait for the trade paperback and be ok) but interesting nontheless.


Teen Titans #21


For some reason the cover artwork for issue #22 is on #21 so that might confuse some people. From the pages of Identity Crisis, Dr. Light is back and he wants to get revenge on the Teen Titans for humiliating him over the years. He has his mind back and he seems like a very dangerous villain. It will be cool to see what they do with him.
http://www.blogblog.com/dots_dark/bg_3dots.gif

1 Comments:

Blogger Litany said...

If Green Arrow were a real man, I would marry him.

9:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home