Wednesday, March 02, 2005

New Comic Day March 2

The following comics/magazines are ones that I purchased today:



Here's a little review for each (from left to right, top to bottom):

Lex Luthor: Man of Steel #1 (of 5)
This is a story told from the perspective of Lex and shows the readers why he hates Superman so much. Azzarello seems to have captured the essence of Luthor and makes him a character you love or love to hate.. Either way, you'll probably want to read this mini.

Ultimate Iron Man #1
If you've read the Ultimates and been intrigued by the alcohol swilling, womanizing billionaire, then this is the series for you. Written by Orsen Scott Card (of Ender's Game fame), this is an origin story of why Tony Stark is the uber-genius that he is. I enjoyed the science aspect to it and the political games played by his ex-wife and business rival. It's a good story and I look forward to the rest of the series.

Ultimate Spider-man #73
I had stopped reading Ultimate Spider-man for a while, not because I didn't like it, but because of money constraints. When the Comic Shop had their annual sale, I picked up the issues I missed and now I'm back in the game. This issue is part two of the Hobgoblin arc and it looks like it's picking up where Spider-man 2 left off. Meaning that Harry regains his memory and realizes his dad was a maniac and killed a bunch of people as well as discovering a secret location where the weapons and formula are kept (you don't actually see this stuff in this issue, but it's not hard to guess thats what's coming). It would have been nice to see someone else end up being the Hobgoblin other than Harry (I assume this will be the case, but Bendis might surprise me), but otherwise it's a fun comic and well written.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home