Saturday, November 12, 2005

New Comics

Hi
It's been a while since I've talked about the comics I've been getting so I figured it was time to break that bad habit. If you're a regular you know that I dropped Ultimate Spider-man after the awful Hobgoblin arc and Ultimate X-men after the not-so-awful "Collosus is gay arc." Recently my interest in both titles has return and I picked up all the back issues I missed. This includes the "Warriors" arc from USM #79-85 and most of the "Magnetic North" arc in UXM. I'll review the arcs rather than the single issues.

Warriors
I was VERY pleased at the improvement over the last big arc. This had an interesting plot and was well paced. Rather than pointless trade filler, each issue held up on its own and stuff ACTUALLY happened. As well I enjoyed the introduction of some new Ultimate characters (ie. Hammerhead, Moon Knight, Iron Fist). The only negative was the repeated "people being thrown out of windows" theme in one of the issues and sometimes Bagley's art looks a little rushed. I'll stay with it until the big 100 issue.

Magnetic North
Return of the most evil version of Magneto ever! That alone should get people into this story. Ultimate Mystique is also around which kicks a bunch of booty. These comics are good. Period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home