Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Poker Night was bittersweet...

Another poker night come and gone. We seem to be getting fewer people as of late. I wonder if the fad is starting to wear off for some. We had seven people for the first game and 5 for the second. I won the first game going heads-up with Chris Blake at the end. The second game was lots of fun as I lost a big hand to Simon when we were down to 3 but ended up tripling up later on with 8s full of 2s. Simon and I ended up going toe-to-toe and I took a shot at two pots in a row, but Simon had amzing cards to beat me.

The reason why the post title says "bittersweet" is because while waiting for the last number 4 bus I took off my school bag as I didn't want to wear it for another 10 minutes while I waited. Anyways when the bus arrived, for some reason I LEFT THE FRIGGING THING THERE!!! ARG!! I was (and still am) very upset about this because the bag had my glasses, my notes for work, as well as a good poker book and my really nice new card box with cards. Here's hoping that some good samaritan found it and will return it to the UBC Security office.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scholarly Warrior said...

Good Lord that would SUCK. It's odd that you brought this up because in March I went to Bayer's Lake to see Robots on the IMAX. Anyway, when Peter and I got off, I made sure we both had ours and we agreed how much it would SUCK if one of us had left our bag. I can imagine how you feel: you want to strangle someone but don't know who.

Good Luck

7:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like John's interest in writing a blog is beginning to wear off... just like his interest in CB radio.

/a lima bean that looks just like the leader!

2:04 a.m.  
Blogger Scholarly Warrior said...

John, your blog is dying. Even the script that changes the picture is stalled.

3:05 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm betting we could put whatever we want in the comments and get away with it because will never look here.

/testing 1, 2, 3...

9:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home