Wednesday, April 06, 2005

New Comic Day April 6

The following are comics that I purchased today:

Lex Luthor: Man of Steel #2


This is one of those books that (forgive the buzzwords) actually does take a refreshing spin on an old villain. We get to see Luthor's perspective on the world and begin to understand why he truly hates Superman so much: the fact that people look up to him and aspire to be like him, even though he isn't one of them. However, although we may come to sympathize with Lex, we also see his dark side when it comes to business practices. All in all though I've liked the first two issues of this series and look forward to the next three.

Superman/Batman #18


Finally and end to this goofy storyline! This will be my final issue of Superman/Batman unless there's another arc that sounds interesting. No more of this stick with it and hope it gets better BS for this series. I'll only get it if I know its good. The worst thing about situations when someone alters time is YOU KNOW THAT IT WILL BE UNDONE AND IN THE END IT'S LIKE NOTHING EVER HAPPENED. Zero progression or lasting effects (other than the memories Bats and Supes have, which I'm sure in a month, will never be talked about again).

Green Lantern: Rebirth #5


I've said it before, I was never much of a Green Lantern fan but this series has piqued my interest in Hal. This issue has the throwdown between Jordan and Sinestro and it's a pretty good one too, made all the better by Ethan Van Scriver's gorgeous pencils. He's fast becoming one of my favorite artists. I'll have to reread the first few issues to see if the question of why Sinestro's neck isn't broken is answered. That was the last time I saw Sinestro in fact: when Hal went nuts (or possessed by Parallax: you decide) and took a rampage through the Corps. Regardless, the issue was good and ended with Batman ruining everyone's fun.

Strange #5


Just looking at this cover makes you want to go out and buy it, doesn't it? Man, this is probably one of my favorite covers of all time. It's just so damn exciting. This issue sees Steven Strange coming to grips with the fact he's been manipulated most of his life and the training he receives from the ancient one. Baron Mordo also makes and appearance and summons Dormamuu. No biggie. Not a fabulous issue, but the cover is amazing. Should be interesting to see how things wrap up next month.

Y: The Last Man #32


The gang finally leaves North America on their way to Japan. This obviously begins a new arc and it's entitled: "Girl on Girl" And yes there is girls kissing in this issue. I really enjoy this series but it would be nice for a change if Yorrick could actually set out to do something WITHOUT running into trouble (ie. the end of this issue, I won't ruin it for you). I know it would make for a boring situation, but come on, there's only so much that can happen to a person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home