Friday, April 22, 2005

New Comic Day April 20

Once again I apologize for the lack of updates folks, but school was hitting me pretty hard the last little while. Anyways, that's all done with now so I can focus on more important things: Pam and comics. As well, posts for the previous two weeks have been added for your reading pleasure.

Since my comic shop sets aside comics for me every week, sometimes I miss out on stuff they put on the rack. This usually doesn't happen because I skim the rack anyways, but this time I didn't and missed out on the OMAC project #1 and the conclusion to the "God-awful-fall" Superman arc. So you may be in for a weekend treat if I head down to Elfsar and pick them up tomorrow.

These are the comics that I bought today:
Invincible #22


Once again this series exceeds my expectations. This is a very chatty issue with lots going on and it comes close to being my favorite of the series. Words just can't really describe how good this comic is, so go out, order the new Ultimate Collection Volume 1 and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Ex Machina #10


This is also another book that I highly recommend. It seems like the arcs will be five issues long as this ends the 2nd of the series' storylines. Vaughn mixes sci-fi with politics in a great way and never makes you sick of either. Tony Harris and Tom Feister have a very defined artistic style that beautifully expresses Vaughn's script. There's a trade paperback out now called: The First Hundred Days that collects the first 5 issues, so if you want to try it, pick that up or wait until next month for a new storyline.

Teen Titans #23


This is the conclusion to the Dr. Light storyline and he takes on two dozen Teen Titans in one of the best fight sequences since Deathstroke vs. the JLA in Identity Crisis. The whole mess ties in with DC's Countdown to Infinite Crisis spectacular $$$ grab this fall.

We see the titans get a wake up call with regards to the "heroes" they've looked up to all there lives which might cause a rift between the two generations.

The only real negative things about this issue is the end when it's shown Batman is Deathstroke. I don't follow the Batman regular titles so I have no frigging clue how/when this took place so I'm a bit lost. I don't want to have to buy more comics just to figure this out. As well, issue 24 next month sparks a crossover between the Outsiders and the Titans which blows for the same reason. More comics = more $$$ that I don't have. I should join a support group.

1 Comments:

Blogger JonBen said...

I watched the Teen Titans on T.V. a lot and always suspected that Deathstroke was Batman. I never thought that the Batman franchise was going to explain that one though... I would hope that the event is self-contained. DC would have a hard time selling Batman as Deathstroke to the regular fare of Batman fans O_o

3:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home