Thursday, June 16, 2005

New Comic Day June 15

Here are the comics I purchased today:

Ex Machina #12


This is the beginning of a new storyline and I notice a pattern developing. There is the regular mayor/political stuff, though it sounds boring, is actually quite interesting then there's the more science-fictionay part about Mitch's powers which is also good. Although having them together in each storyline is done well, I'd rather if one was focused on for several issues then switched up. This might deter from the mystery though regarding the subplots. A good issue with the main thing being the mayor being summonded for jury duty with two subplots: a guy who's very interested in getting on the jury with Mitch and a new Great Machine-like character is seen who fights crime. My prediction is it's Kremlin. Check back when I get issue 16 to see if I'm right.

Prelude to Infinite Crisis


This is a 96 page trade paperback-like issue that collects 3 issues and several parts of issues which have little Infinite Crisis tidbits that have been seeded in the DC Univers for the past 2-3 years. I for one think this was a really good idea on DC's part. Instead of forcing consumers to purchase all the individual issues which lead to Infinite Crisis so they know what's going on, they present key information wrapped up all in one place (and for ONLY $8.00!). As well, like any good movie thats based on a book, it leaves the reader with interest in the original material. I can easily see someone that only had interest in the main mini-series for Infinite Crisis reading this and then going out and searching for all of the back issues to try and piece together the puzzle. Not me personally, but someone. I don't want to know too much about Crisis before it happens because that's what happened for Identity Crisis when I went on the message boards looking at theories. None of that this time around.

Oh yeah, don't let the cover fool you, the actual cover has some cool blue lightning effect around the eye and along the divisions between the four panels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home