Thursday, May 05, 2005

New Comic Day May 4

Just to let everyone know: this Saturday, May 7, is FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!! I suggest every comic lover in Vancouver head to Elfsar for what promises to be a great event.

Here are the comics/magazines I purchased today
Lex Luthor: Man of Steel #3


This is by far the wierdest issue of the series so far. Not only does it leave the reader wondering if Lex knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, but Batman and Superman have a big fight for what appears to be no reason whatsoever. It was a very odd issue. I hope things get cleared up next month. The artwork didn't seem to be as good as the previous two issues. I say this mainly from a very goofy looking headshot of Lex on page 12. It seems like the issue might have been rushed.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #18


This concludes the N-Zone storyline and like the seafood sub at subway, didn't leave me very satisfied. Johnny is ok and there was a big fight, blah blah. I'll get the next arc to see how it goes, but I think that may be it for this title. And I really don't see what it is Reed found that was supposed to bridge the gap between the Ultimate Universe and the regular Marvel U as was hyped alot before the arc started. Maybe it was Ultimate Secret though...we'll see.

New Avengers #5


Wolverine makes his appearance in the book and gets his butt handed to him by Spider-Woman of all people. Some of the dialouge in this issue was a little cheesey though, but all in all it was a good issue and had a good twist at the end. I'd like to see The Sentry make a reappearance in the book though. And like I said from the start, if after 12 issues, this series hasn't made a good impressiion on me, it's gone.

Y: The Last Man #33


Now we're talking. This was my favorite book this week and it adds an interesting element to the sailors the gang has been travelling with. No kissing girls in this issue though. As well, it's always good to see Yorrick get a little action. Still waiting for an HBO series about it though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home