Thursday, April 28, 2005

Gripes about action figures

I collect action figures. There, I've said it. You can laugh if you want, but I do it and I don't care what you think. If there's a cool looking action figure based on a comic character, then chances are, I'll pick it up and set it up in my office. With that said, Marvel Legends is a high quality action figure series and I usually pick up at least one figure from every lineup they come up with. However, for series 9 and 10, each figure came packaged with a piece to make a huge (16") Galactus or Sentinal figure respectively. Here are images of the two figures:




I think you'd all agree that they both look pretty friggin' cool. So what pisses my off, is that I would have to buy 7 other figures that I don't want (well, maybe Dr. Strange) in order to get the pieces to make the bigger figures. I would much prefer if the figure came assembled and was like $40-50 instead of the $100+ is is now. So shame on Marvel Legends for trying to coerce the action figure buying public into buying crappy figures (ie. Professor X and Grey Hulk) in order to get a good figure. Shenanigans I say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home