Thursday, May 19, 2005

New Comic Day May 18

So I've been tinkering around with the Comic Collector program and I really like it. As mentioned in the previous post, I have a link to my collection on the sidebar. Every Wednesday I'll update that as well to include everything I've added in a week for those that are interested. I'm debating whether to include a zipped file of images as well as I'm sure many of you can use them. Let me know if you want this available.

Here are the comics I purchased today:



Here's a little review for each (from left to right, top to bottom):
Ex Machina #11

This issue shows Mayor Hundred as a bit of a prick as he cracks down on the fortune teller "industry" in New York. I can see his point that people are losing their money to these con artists, butI think that's their own problem. His justification is that it will help the economy by diversifying tourist funds, but I disagree. For example: tourist gives money to fortune teller, fortune teller gives money to drug dealer, drug dealer gives money to car salesman for 1976 Ford Mustang. See? That still helps the economy as much as a tourist spending $30 to visit the Empire State Building. But I digress. Similar to the theme of the story, this issue also acts as a portent of things to come, suggesting Hundred will be a super hero again, which should be interesting.

Teen Titans#24

AS you can see by the cover, this issue has Superboy dealing with the fact he's half Lex Luthor. A subliminal command (boy those are popular these days: see Hobgoblin Arc in Ultimate Spider-man) from Luthor has SB shaving his head and ruthlessly attacking the rest of the Titans. All in all, a good issue and I'm sure it has something to do with Infinite Crisis this fall. As well there is a tie-in with the Outsiders for the next two months so I may pick that up as well to get filled in.

The OMAC Project #1 (2nd Printing)

As mentioned in previous posts, I missed the first printing of this and passed on paying $10 for it a week after it was released. I'm glad I picked this up though because it was an interesting read and I assume Sasha Bordeaux will have a big role to play in the (assumed) downfall of Checkmate and Max Lord. Batman's dialouge seemed odd though and I don't think he'd really talk to himself, prefering instead to mull things over in his head. It was somewhat sad to see the way they disposed of Blue Beetle but many people are thinking Ted Kord will reappear as the new Spectre. Seems likely enough knowing DC.

Young Avengers #4

The first three issues were kind of slow in pacing and this one is as well, but it makes up for it by revealing new powers of some of the team and the nature of those powers. The story has to due with time travel though and that usually hurts the brain if you think about it too much. For instance, the fact that current events in the timeline are changing indicate young Kang doesn't return to the future to become old bad Kang, because if he did then time wouldn't change in the first place. Unless however, things are still able to be changed and the longer young Kang remains in the present, the more likely the changes will be permanent (which begs the question why the regular Avengers aren't asking who this strange purple guy is because they never would have met him). I didn't care too much for Kate Hudson's outfit: it looks to much of a Huntress ripoiff to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home