Thursday, June 01, 2006

Warm and Fuzzy...

On May 31st I experienced the warm fuzzy feeling one gets when one receives a heavy parcel in the mail. I new what it was of course, but DAMN getting shit in the mail makes you feel important! Said parcel was none other than the

Runaways Hardcover

I'd been hearing scads of good things about this series so I finally bit the bullet and got it. I was very tempted on Free Comic Book Day to get it as part of the buy 2 get one free deal they had, as this series is also collected in three digest books. However, buying the hardcover (which just looks sexy) new at Elfsar would run $44 plus tax, so I turned to my old friend Ebay. Here I was able to snag it for $36.30 including shipping. It's very pretty and in reasonably good condition (some minor wear on the dustjacket). I'll do a review of it once I read it so stay tuned...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting a ride to Ebay is half the trick.

/maybe Neil will let you use his credit card

11:48 p.m.  
Blogger Scholarly Warrior said...

Generally, packages coming your way in the mail do make you feel wonderful. Maybe it's because a few weeks pass between ordering it and getting it that somehow in your mind you think you're getting it for free...

Almost all of the time, I only use ebay to buy things that are otherwise unavailable to me (antiquated toys and games). The other times are when someone with some kind of silly phobia to owning a credit card requests that I buy something for them. I usually do, provided I know them well and that the amount isn't that much. I draw the line when someone asks me to buy some common-gutter item that you can buy anywhere (ie. watch -- I'm looking at you Derrick).

/I don't want a piece of crap

9:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home